What is the rental fee and what does it include?
- We have two wedding package options and non-wedding event prices. Please email [email protected]for complete pricing break downs.
What is the building capacity?
- The most comfortable guest capacity is 200 or less. 225 is the absolute max we allow for weddings to ensure you and your guests have the best experience.
What dates are available?
Please see the available dates information on our website
Is there a deposit? When are the additional payments due? Do you offer a payment plan?
- When the contract is signed, to continue holding the date, we require a $1,500 non-refundable deposit. A $500 non-refundable deposit is required to hold a date for the Delaney House. The final installment will be required 120 days prior to the event. You are welcome to send smaller, partial payments of any amount prior to the specified due date, so in effect creating your own payment plan on your own schedule. Full payment is due by the specified due date. We also reserve the right to request a $500 refundable damage deposit that we keep on file for any damages to the facility or grounds. Damage deposits are returned promptly and in full if there are no damages resulting from the renters’ event.
How do I reserve a date?
- To reserve a date, email us at [email protected] saying you are ready to book your specific date if it is still available. We suggest you email us stating you are ready to book your preferred date and then include a backup date in case your preferred date is unavailable. Prior to booking a date, we hope you are able to come out in person to visit the lodge. You can request a tour by email, but an in-person tour is not required prior to booking a date. Dates are reserved on a first requested basis. Whomever has requested to start the contract process from us by email first for a specific date will be first in line.
Do I need to schedule a tour or can I just stop by?
- We kindly request that all tours are by appointment only. We do not live on the property and the gates are closed when we are not there.
Is there a guest count minimum or pricing based on count?
- No. Because we typically only host one event per weekend our fee structure remains the same whether you have 50 guests or 200.
Do we have to utilize your list of caterers and bar service?
- You do not have to choose from our list of caterers but we selected the caterers on our list after having many come through our doors those first few years because we thought they had good food, good service, because they had very affordable options along with a variety of upgrades, and honestly because we thought they were nice people. Don't discount the fact that all of the vendors that you choose you'll work with a lot leading up to the big day. It's important to actually like your vendors! Please check into your vendors, read reviews and meet with them prior to booking if possible. You do however, have to choose from our list of bartending companies. These companies are licensed, insured and certified companies. They are tasked with the responsibility of making sure everyone has a good time but for also keeping you and your guests safe and that is our top priority.
Will there be another wedding the same day?
- At Rolling Rails Lodge we only host one wedding each day to ensure that each couple's event is special and receives our full attention.
Are there overnight accommodations nearby?
- Yes. The Delaney House is a great option for guest housing right on site and can accommodate up to 14 guests. We have also partnered with Happy Valley VIP hotels (happyvalleyvip.com).
How many cars will your parking lot accommodate?
- 100 cars can fit in the designated parking areas.
Do you offer straight tables instead of round?
- We have a limited number of straight tables onsite that can be used for your gift table, head table, etc. but the majority of your guests will be seated at round tables.
Do you provide dishware, glasses, silverware, etc?
- No. Rolling Rails lodge provides an awesome climate- controlled venue, tables, wedding chairs and table cloths. Our main focus is on ensuring the venue and the grounds are perfectly taken care of for your event and that does not allow us time for the task of table settings. You are welcome to bring your own dishware or rent dishware from a caterer or rental company. Our staff is not on site to clear tables or take care of dishes, if you would like that taken care of for your event, please check with your hired caterer or your own day of coordinator.
What happens in case of rain?
- Unlike many venues, Rolling Rails Lodge has a dedicated covered patio space designed just for ceremonies. This amazing space provides you and your guests with stunning views of the rolling central PA mountains as a beautiful backdrop for your vows. This massive 3,500 square ft open air pavilion provides the perfect cover from rain and provides shade during those hot summer months. Rain or shine you can have the outdoor ceremony you have always dreamed of. During the colder months, you can get married in front of our fireplace, the building was designed to accommodate this indoor ceremony option. This means that in the case of inclement weather the venue doesn't have to be "flipped" from your ceremony to the reception. Reception tables are all available to be setup prior to the ceremony and need not be moved. This ensures a smooth transition into the reception and makes the decision to bring a ceremony inside (or not) much less stressful.
We plan to have our ceremony offsite, does your fee change?
- Because we only host one event per weekend, our fee structure remains the same whether you hold your ceremony, reception, or both onsite.
Do you allow dogs onsite to play a part in our wedding day?
- We are dog friendly, with some specific stipulations. Dogs are allowed (only with pre-approval by Lyndsey or Shaun) at the ceremony. Animals, other than service animals, are NOT allowed inside for the reception or near food. Dogs must be on a leash and someone must be responsible for them other than the bride and groom. We do allow dogs to stay at the Delaney House for your event weekend for a flat fee of $50 for extra cleaning that will need to be done after your stay. All dogs must be crated when you are not with them.
What form of payment does Rolling Rails Lodge accept?
- Our preferred form of payment is cash or check, we can accept credit card payments through PayPal but there will be a roughly 3% processing fee.
My preferred dates are unavailable. Do you have a cancellation waiting list?
- We do not keep a cancellation waiting list because cancellations are unpredictable. As soon as a date does become available we will update our website as quickly as possible.
Where can I find a list of rental items available?
- We have it all listed on our Rental Items Sheet. That form will be emailed to you upon receipt of your deposit and contract.
What time will I have access to the venue to decorate?
- For full weekend rentals, you will have access to the venue at the time listed on your contract (typically Friday at 11am, not earlier and not later unless under dire circumstances an adjustment needs to be made). Please plan accordingly.
Do you include a "wedding day coordinator?"
- Unfortunately, if you're trying to compare venues "apples to apples" we feel like this is a tricky question. Our answer is no. We think it’s possible for the job duties of a "day-of wedding coordinator" to mean something different to you than it does to us, and the last thing we want is the opportunity for miscommunication. However, we will have Rolling Rails Lodge representative that will be on site before the start of your event and through most of your big day. This member of the Rolling Rails Lodge team is there to help you however they can (help with restocking bathrooms, garbage detail, answer questions from your vendors and direct them as necessary, etc.) Their goal is to do everything possible to help your day go smoothly and ensure your day is as stress-free as possible! (But we still don't consider them a day-of wedding coordinator.) We are happy to provide you with a list of amazing coordinators in the area.
When is the next open house?
- We are planning to do open house events in the future that are designed for couples who have already had a private tour of Rolling Rails Lodge.If we have already had the chance to meet, we welcome you out to one of our open house events. Open house dates and will be sent out via email to our booked couples.
What time do you suggest we start the ceremony?
- We suggest starting Friday weddings at 5:00 pm, Saturday weddings between 3:00 - 5:00 pm, and Sunday weddings at 4:00 pm.
How will the tables, chairs, etc. be arranged for my sized event?
- We will reach out to you to determine your preferred layout prior to the big day!
If we choose the one day option, will we be able to access the location early to rehearse our ceremony?
- If you elect the one day rental, our venue will likely be reserved by another couple the night before. For that reason, one day rentals should plan for an offsite rehearsal. You are also welcome to bring anyone who would feel more comfortable understanding the venue (such as your DJ or minister, or any little ones in the wedding party) to one of open houses or arrange for a private rehearsal several days before your wedding.
Can we have fireworks on the property?
- Fireworks are not permitted. We don’t want to scare the neighbors and we want to keep the fire department happy! Sparklers are permitted outside as long as prior approval is granted and all sparklers are immediately disposed of in a bucket of water and later to the trash.
Can vehicles be left overnight?
- We prefer that vehicles are not left overnight. If however, there is no other safe option, they may be left in the parking lot but they must be removed from the property by 11am Sunday morning if you have a full weekend rental.No vehicles may be left overnight for one day events. We do not live on the property and we will lock the gate at the conclusion of your reservation. We appreciate your understanding.
What time does the music need to end?
- Music on Friday's/Saturday's must conclude by 11:00 p.m. to ensure that all of your vendors are off-property by midnight. Guests other than immediate family and those staying at the Delaney House must leave by 11:00pm. Music on Sunday's must conclude by 9:30 p.m. to be off property by 10:00 pm.
We are using a rental company. Can they drop items off or pick them up outside of the rental period?
- We are located on a private property with locked gates to keep the grounds safe and secure when we are not there. For that reason, all deliveries must happen during the standard rental period. Please advise your vendors of this policy.
Can we get married somewhere else on the property other than the pavilion?
- One of the great things about Rolling Rails Lodge is the view from our mountainside. Because we are on the side of a mountain there isn't another completely flat area or handicapped accessible area for ceremonies BUT we do have another ceremony site in the woods along our tree lined path. This area is on a slight slope and is not covered in the event of rain or inclement weather.
Are candles allowed?
- Yes, candles are allowed as long as the flame is completely contained in a candle holder. Tapered candles and any type of hanging candles will not be allowed for safety reasons.
How far in advance do you need our final headcount?
- Three weeks
Setup and Day-of Event Questions
Are outside grills and cookers allowed?
Outside gas grills are permitted but must be attended at all times and they must be placed at least 15 feet away from all buildings and patios or in areas designated by owner.
What is the event clean-up process?
- Rolling Rails Lodge staff will handle trash removal throughout the reception. Any trash leftover after the conclusion of the event will be the responsibility of the renter. Sunday morning clean up includes taking trash out to the designated dumpster, cleaning up any major spills or messes inside and outside and removal of all personal items and boxes. GLITTER all over our floors will be an automatic significant reduction in your returned damage deposit. Glitter and confetti are NOT permitted.
Can we take photos around the entire property on our wedding day?
- Sure! Just ask us and we would be happy to make recommendations.
Can we nail decorations to the walls or hang things like streamers or lanterns from the beams?
- As our family laid and meticulously set each log one after another, we request that holes are not placed in the walls. You are permitted to use real brand command strips, wire, etc. The beams at Rolling Rails Lodge are very tall and not reachable by a ladder. For this reason, we do not allow for anything to be hung from the beams. We hope that you will find them beautiful without any extra work!